The Sweetie Chronicles

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth

Is Heroes Losing Steam?

Last night was only the second episode of the season, and Heroes was almost putting me to sleep. The whole Sylar toying around with lame Matt Parkman's mind is already getting old to me. How come Matt is always so weak? He's got one of the most amazing abilities, but he refuses to use it? His mind is his strength, but he's incredibly weak when it comes to self-confidence and determination? It doesn't really make sense to me. Sylar is winning way too easily.

Claire jumping out of a window and being seen was interesting at the end of last week's episode, but none of that interest carried into this latest one. Noah's threat to call the Haitian got my excitement piqued, but then it died as he shut his phone and agreed to let CLaire-Bear handle her own problems. Noah as a retired man is boring me too.

Then there's Peter Petrelli. I don't think they've gone deep enough into who these carnies are to really make me interested in Samuel and his dead brother, so why do I care that they're trying to recruit Peter? Peter's been off on his own for a while now, so there's nothing really dangerous about him yet. Okay, the sinkhole thing with the guy basically killing that woman for being a bitch was interesting. But what about the deaf girl who sees sound? Is this really supposed to compare to a girl with lightning coming through her hands or a man who controls people like puppets? Seriously. Do they have newer and lamer writers this season or what?

For a series that has always been ground-breaking, it's sad to see it starting to die off. Episodes in the first and second seasons were always 'sit on the edge of your seat' type action, flipping from one story to the other... then when the episode was over, there was a hunger for more. Last night, I found myself wondering when it was going to end already. This might be a series that gets checked off my list of must-sees unless the season starts to pick up next Monday.

0 comments:

Sarra Cannon

Young Adult Indie Author

I always secretly wanted to be a cheerleader. And a witch. Now, I write about both. The first five novels in my Peachville High Demons Young Adult Paranormal series are available now in ebook!
Follow sarramaria on Twitter

Sarra's Works in Progress

Followers

Sarra's bookshelf: sarra-s-favorites

Beautiful DemonsThe Time Traveler's WifeLoveroot: PoemsFear of FlyingWe the LivingAnthem

More of Sarra's books »
Sarra Cannon's sarra-s-favorites book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists