The Sweetie Chronicles

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth

Productive Weekend

Wow, this weekend was amazing! In fact, I don't think I've gotten so much done while having so much fun in as long as I can remember. Now, let me preface this by saying that my usual weekend consists of playing Everquest II and sleeping, going out for meals and maybe doing some laundry. I definitely enjoy those weekends because there is no pressure, I can sleep in a bit, and I get to spend the whole time with G, which is always good. But this weekend was different.

Okay, so Friday night we still played EQ2, as usual. We didn't get to bed until after 2am, and I was thinking it was going to rain, canceling the yard sale. At 5:30 am, though, when the alarm went off, I popped out of bed and peered out the window, praying that it was not raining. And it wasn't! Yipppeee!! So, I jumped in the shower, got ready, woke G up (and I am NEVER up before him), and started hauling all of my unwanted post-divorce crap onto the front lawn for the yard sale. By 6:30, we had everything out on display. By 6:35, we had already made $20. The morning was so much fun! I loved talking to people as they browsed and getting to know some of my neighbors a bit better. It was fun to be making money and spending time with G outdoors. There was not a drop of rain all morning, and it was about 65 degrees and lovely. When it got to be 11:00 and it was time to close up, all I had left of my mountain of crap was a couple of boxes that went in my car for donation, and about $100 in profit (which I think is pretty darn good for a yard sale).

After that, we headed to the club house here in our townhome community for a luncheon (I made dessert). Who knew that right here, just a few feet away, was a social circle just waiting to happen? A few houses down is M, a girl probably around my age who just had a baby, and next to her is A and her boyfriend P, also about my age I'm guessing. Across the courtyard is D (who has been a TA at state for G's classes a few times) and his wife B. We are all around 28-32'ish I would guess, and we seem to get along great! I can't believe it! I thought that other than G and his friends, I was in a social wasteland!! No offense to Cary, but I just haven't put myself in situations to meet a lot of people, and definitely don't want to go to bars or to churches, but that's a completely different topic for a different day. Hopefully the three couples will at least get together soon to go bowling or dinner or something like that. Hmm.. I wonder if we could have them over here for a DDR party or something?

Anyway, after lunch, G and I headed to the donation center to drop off the things we didn't sell in the yard sale, and then went to the flea market. We took some things we had been meaning to try to sell there to vendors like an old cell phone and some jewelry. I was thinking that maybe we'd make another $10 off that stuff, but would you believe we made $105?? Off some stuff that was just sitting in the closet! We also scouted out the other booths because I am thinking of putting together some of my own crafts and selling them at the flea market for fun and extra cash on weekends. It started to rain, though, so we went to get some food and then headed back home.

Over the course of the weekend, we made over $200, cleaned the kitchen, did the laundry, made new friends, scouted out a possible business opportunity, went to see a late night movie, played a game, read some books, went shopping, took some bulky trash to the dump, mowed the yard, and even made love. It was the perfect weekend.

0 comments:

Sarra Cannon

Young Adult Indie Author

I always secretly wanted to be a cheerleader. And a witch. Now, I write about both. The first five novels in my Peachville High Demons Young Adult Paranormal series are available now in ebook!
Follow sarramaria on Twitter

Sarra's Works in Progress

Followers

Sarra's bookshelf: sarra-s-favorites

Beautiful DemonsThe Time Traveler's WifeLoveroot: PoemsFear of FlyingWe the LivingAnthem

More of Sarra's books »
Sarra Cannon's sarra-s-favorites book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists