The Sweetie Chronicles

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth

Sex and the City!!!

Sex and the City, The MOVIE?? Me Likey! Well, mostly me likey!

I finally saw the trailor for the new movie, and I had to share. Now, it may just be getting a lot of hype at the moment, but this is a subject near and dear to my heart. Scoff if you must, but there never has been and never will be another show like SATC.

I started watching the show during the second season when we were flipping through channels one night and stopped on a show where this woman was talking about how her diaphragm was stuck and she needed help getting it out. I remember thinking, wow, what the hell is this show? Soon after, I caught a full episode and fell in love. I loved the candor, the humor, the fashion, the sex. I loved that I saw myself in all four of those women, in one way or another. Of course, none more so than Carrie. I still to this day wish I could be Carrie, and I suspect that I am not the only one who feels this way.

I am not even sure if I could properly explain my love of SATC without sounding a bit pathetic. But why should I care what you think? Part of my love affair with this show is about fantasy. I always dreamed of living in NYC and being a part of its fashion and attitude and culture. But an equal part of my love for SATC is the reality of it and how much I honestly could relate to it in my life. It was, at times, almost uncanny how closely the situations Carrie and the girls faced matched my own. At the end of season 2, when Mr. Big is getting married and Carrie confronts him at the Plaza... that was me and L, 100 percent. (and ironically, L left me for a girl named Keri with a K) And when Charlotte married Trey, it was like me and J... with his rich, stodgy parents, and his lack of ability to get it up... our marriage a total sham. There's so much, I couldn't even put it all on here, but let me tell you. I related to this show and I loved it like no other. I own all of the DVD's and still watch the episodes regular, especially in marathon style when I'm feeling down.

I have some mixed feelings about a Sex and the City movie. Mostly, I have good feelings about it because I miss the girls and I miss Carrie's witty banter and seeing what she'll wear next. On the other hand, I kind of have the same feeling I get when an ex-boyfriend that I share a difficult past with calls me up or sends me an email. You want to know what they've been up to and how they are doing... but at the same time, it was hard enough getting over them the first time. Spending time with them now is just a tease... a reminder of the past when things were simpler. I want to remember the show the way it was. Fan-fucking-tastic. I hope the movie is good and that it isn't rushed. I would hate for it to seem like they tried to jam a season's worth of content into a 2 hour slot.

Either way, love or hate, I will be there on opening night. I wonder if Carrie and Big will get married? I'm sure I will be hearing more and seeing more photos from the movie since it doesn't come out until May 2008. Keep your eye out for information, photos and more trailors at http://www.sexandthecitymovie.com/

0 comments:

Sarra Cannon

Young Adult Indie Author

I always secretly wanted to be a cheerleader. And a witch. Now, I write about both. The first five novels in my Peachville High Demons Young Adult Paranormal series are available now in ebook!
Follow sarramaria on Twitter

Sarra's Works in Progress

Followers

Sarra's bookshelf: sarra-s-favorites

Beautiful DemonsThe Time Traveler's WifeLoveroot: PoemsFear of FlyingWe the LivingAnthem

More of Sarra's books »
Sarra Cannon's sarra-s-favorites book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists