The Sweetie Chronicles

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth

Shadow Demons Update

Book 4 is starting to get interesting! I'm a little less than halfway through the rough draft, and this is the part where I really start to know what the story is about. I always start with some idea of what's going to happen in the book, but somewhere along the way, everything changes. When I start a new book, even if it's part of a series like this one, I spend the first few weeks being absolutely certain that I have no talent and that this book is going to suck. The story doesn't seem to be coming together at all. I don't feel good about the things the characters are saying or doing. It just seems like a mess.

But somewhere in the middle of writing the draft, ideas just start to come to me. Things start to fall into place. Nothing is perfect, but I can finally start to see the potential in the novel. That's the part I just hit last night when I was sitting at Panera writing with friends. I was in the middle of writing a scene and BAM, I just knew what was going to happen. Don't ask me where the ideas come from. They just come. I sometimes wonder if the stories are already formed somewhere else. Like just floating somewhere in the ether. And they're just waiting for writers to trust the process and just reach for the ideas that have been brewing up there all along.

Do I sound completely crazy? Maybe I am in some ways. But I'll tell you one thing. I'm loving every minute of it.

1 comments:

Gabriella April 5, 2011 at 5:24 PM  

Can't wait til you're finished! And you're not crazy...you sound like me and I swear I tell people I am NOT crazy! *lol*

Sarra Cannon

Young Adult Indie Author

I always secretly wanted to be a cheerleader. And a witch. Now, I write about both. The first five novels in my Peachville High Demons Young Adult Paranormal series are available now in ebook!
Follow sarramaria on Twitter

Sarra's Works in Progress

Followers

Sarra's bookshelf: sarra-s-favorites

Beautiful DemonsThe Time Traveler's WifeLoveroot: PoemsFear of FlyingWe the LivingAnthem

More of Sarra's books »
Sarra Cannon's sarra-s-favorites book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists