The Sweetie Chronicles

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth

The Royal Wedding!

I stayed up all night last night watching coverage of the royal wedding. It's not everyday that you get to witness a true fairy tale! With all the news focused on things like murder and death and gas prices and war and everything bad and tragic happening in the world, it was such a beautiful experience to see hours on end of joyful celebration and happiness.

Catherine Middleton grew up as just a normal girl. She never knew she would be in the public eye, and she probably never dreamed she would someday become a Duchess and a Queen-in-waiting. Yet, there she was today, looking absolutely stunning. She looked so calm and collected, as if she always knew she was born for this life. Her dress, designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, was absolutely gorgeous. I loved the lace and beautiful flowing train. I thought the Queen's tiara looked amazing on her, and I was so happy she wore her hair down with soft curls. She truly looked like a Princess!

I couldn't help but think of Princess Diana as I watched the event unfolding. She would have been so incredibly happy to see her son marrying such a beautiful woman. Diana was an amazing woman with a big heart, and I was sad she couldn't be there today. I'm sure she was there in spirit! I think that Catherine will be every bit as much of a fashion icon and a champion for causes close to her heart.

And didn't the couple look like they just adore each other? Prince William took one look at her and said, "You look beautiful." They shared glances throughout the ceremony and smiled each time they looked at each other. Then, on the balcony, they kissed twice in front of crowd, and Prince William blushed! It was so romantic. Like a true modern fairy tale. In this world of chaos and poverty and ugliness, something truly beautiful happened today, and I'm so happy I was able to watch it and be a part of the global crowd looking on and wishing them every happiness.

2 comments:

Gabriella April 29, 2011 at 6:28 PM  

I stayed up to watch it as well. It was sweet watching them. She looked beautiful and they both looked happy and content with each other. I'm glad I stayed awake to watch it.

Sandy Fowke May 2, 2011 at 12:40 AM  

I know!! I stayed up watching and rewatching. That quick, slightly embarressed kiss on the balcony was just the sweetest thing.

Sarra Cannon

Young Adult Indie Author

I always secretly wanted to be a cheerleader. And a witch. Now, I write about both. The first five novels in my Peachville High Demons Young Adult Paranormal series are available now in ebook!
Follow sarramaria on Twitter

Sarra's Works in Progress

Followers

Sarra's bookshelf: sarra-s-favorites

Beautiful DemonsThe Time Traveler's WifeLoveroot: PoemsFear of FlyingWe the LivingAnthem

More of Sarra's books »
Sarra Cannon's sarra-s-favorites book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists