The Sweetie Chronicles

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth

Homemade Smoothies... Yum!!

This morning I made breakfast in the blender. I took a recipe I got out of the week 1 Weight Watchers book and sort of modified it to taste better. Okay, so that basically means I added some calories, but if I'm going to drink it, it has to at least taste good.

Here's how I made them (and believe me, if you try these, you'll be very glad you did!):

4 Strawberries
1 banana
A cup of Fiber One Strawberry Yogurt (which has I think 5 g of Fiber)
1/4 cup skim milk
Ice
1 Tablespoon Sugar

I took the stems off the strawberry and, of course, the banana out of the peel, dumped in the yogurt and the milk, then put a couple handfuls of ice and the sugar on top. All of that went into the blender, and voila! Strawberry Banana Smoothie!!! I put a little spoonful of Cool Whip Free on top and that makes it a bit creamier if you mix it in with a spoon. Not only is it good for you, it also tastes good! The above recipe is just a guideline though. You could throw any kind of fruit in there or yogurt, depending on what you like. Also, the amount listed makes enough for two tall glasses, so if you want enough for only one, you have to cut that in half! Yum :)

0 comments:

Sarra Cannon

Young Adult Indie Author

I always secretly wanted to be a cheerleader. And a witch. Now, I write about both. The first five novels in my Peachville High Demons Young Adult Paranormal series are available now in ebook!
Follow sarramaria on Twitter

Sarra's Works in Progress

Followers

Sarra's bookshelf: sarra-s-favorites

Beautiful DemonsThe Time Traveler's WifeLoveroot: PoemsFear of FlyingWe the LivingAnthem

More of Sarra's books »
Sarra Cannon's sarra-s-favorites book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists