The Sweetie Chronicles

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth

Back Into the Swing of Things

Monday.

Holidays over.

New Year.

Back to work.

It's so tough to get back into the swing of things after the holidays. That break is just so nice! It's also so busy that by the time you finally get to sit down and say "Ahhh", it's over and back to work. Of course, this time, we are aimed with New Year's Resolutions and the determination to do something better with our lives this year. I know I have set some goals of my own, even though I don't think I would call them New Year's Resolutions. Why not? Simply because everyone knows that resolutions are usually forgotten by mid-january while everyone slips back into their same old routine. "Not this year," we say. But it happens every year. For most of us, anyway.

For me, this year is all about making up for lost time and getting back on track. I definitely remember the year 2000 as being the worst of my life. I rung in the new milennium with tears in my eyes from hurtful things that happened during a vacation to California with my then-boyfriend, which should have been an omen. After what happened throughout the year 2000, it's almost as if my life got put on hold or slow motion maybe. I'm not saying the past 9 years have been a completely loss, but there was so much more I could have done.

Now that this first decade is coming to a close, I want to make this last year the best year. I want it to be a segue to the future I've always dreamed of. The truth is, I am the only one holding me back at this point. 2009 is the year I will marry the most amazing man I've ever known. There's no telling what other amazing things could happen between now and 2010.

1 comments:

Unknown January 5, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

I was thinking it was 2010 already. I got a whole year back woohoo!

Sarra Cannon

Young Adult Indie Author

I always secretly wanted to be a cheerleader. And a witch. Now, I write about both. The first five novels in my Peachville High Demons Young Adult Paranormal series are available now in ebook!
Follow sarramaria on Twitter

Sarra's Works in Progress

Followers

Sarra's bookshelf: sarra-s-favorites

Beautiful DemonsThe Time Traveler's WifeLoveroot: PoemsFear of FlyingWe the LivingAnthem

More of Sarra's books »
Sarra Cannon's sarra-s-favorites book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists