This is what my life is like on the eve of a new book release. Crazy Town. Last night, I met with my critique group (until 1 AM, so thank you guys for staying so late!) and there is some serious work to do to whip this book into shape. They all agreed that this book is great, but there are a few scenes that aren't quite working. After they all left, I combed through each of their notes, page by page and transferred all of their comments to my master document. For each scene that needs rewriting/tweaking, I put an orange flag.
Then, around 3:30 AM, I sat back and took inventory of what's working and what needs help. 15 orange flags. Not all of that is major issues, just some things that need to be looked at or made slightly stronger. That's where I am today. I woke up early, met with my personal trainer, went to lunch with my amazing husband, and now I'm in my chair, ready to kick some ass.
- Fix the 15 pages/scenes that need work.
- Go through the book again from start to finish, polishing and reading through for consistency.
- Format the book for upload.
- Upload the book to Kindle, Smashwords and B&N!!
- Once the book is uploaded, it typically takes 24-72 hours for them to officially list the book for sale. I have no control over this final part of the process, but I promise to post on twitter, facebook and here on my blog as soon as the books are live in each store.