The Sweetie Chronicles

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth

Official Update on Shadow Demons

Hey everyone! Hope you had a great weekend. I, for one, worked my little buns off trying to get SHADOW DEMONS ready to publish. As you know, book 4 of my Peachville High Demons series has been the toughest book I've ever written. For the longest time, it simply wasn't coming together. I wrote the entire first draft and still never felt that the real story was coming out. For the first month of revisions, I wanted to tear my hair out. Luckily (whew!), the novel finally revealed itself to me and I was able to rewrite the ending (and a lot of the middle, lol) to get it finished. Yippeee!


I never intended to delay the book this long, but I also didn't want to publish something that didn't feel right. Writing is not about money for me (or for most writers either, I would imagine). It's about the joy of story-telling. It's about discovering something within myself that (hopefully) speaks to hundreds, if not thousands, of other people. To date, over 10,000 people have downloaded BEAUTIFUL DEMONS and almost 7,000 of those people have continued the series all the way through to book 3. I can't even tell you how much it means to me that so many people have connected with Harper's story and enjoyed the books so far. I wanted to make sure Book 4 was every bit as good as the first 3 books. Unfortunately, that meant it took a little longer to get the job done.

But there's good news for those of you who have been waiting so patiently! SHADOW DEMONS is complete! I finished it yesterday and am feeling really good about the story. I uploaded it to my critique group and for now, it's in their capable hands. We'll get together to discuss the novel in detail on Thursday night. Right now, my plan is to work through the night on Thursday to fix any scenes and issues with the book. Hopefully (fingers crossed), the book will be polished, formatted, and ready to upload by late Friday night or early Saturday morning. For the buying public, that means it should go on sale in the Kindle and Nook stores sometime either Saturday afternoon or Sunday.

Now that we're getting to the end of the road with this one, I'll try to post updates toward the end of the week to let you know exactly when to expect the book to go live. Thanks to everyone so much for your patience and support! I will warn you that this book ends on a bit of a cliff-hanger (yikes!), but Book 5 is already in the works. I hope to get this book late summer/early fall. Book 5, DEMONS FOREVER, is the final book in the PHD series.

6 comments:

Melissa June 27, 2011 at 10:19 PM  

Yay!!! I'm so excited!!! I can't wait, I bought a book reader so I won't have to use my phone this time around!! :) I'm so proud of you and super excited for you releasing the 4th book in your awesome serious ! I can only Imagine what you have in store for the next series you create. But can wait til you release 5 of this one! And I'm thinking of the title... Forever demons and feel that it's going to be a jaw dropper!

Sarra Cannon June 28, 2011 at 2:09 PM  

Thanks Melissa! <3

Jennifer McDonald June 28, 2011 at 4:16 PM  

OMG I feel like it is my birthday and Christmas all rolled into one. I started reading the series over again because I just missed Harper and Jackson so much. I am soooooo happy to hear that I get the next installment soon. Yay!!!!

Sarra Cannon June 28, 2011 at 4:19 PM  

Jennifer, you just made me blush! LOL. You're definitely going to get a lot of Harper and Jackson both in this next book!! I hope you love it! Thanks so much for reading and for being so supportive. It really means so much to me.

jensurprise June 29, 2011 at 9:16 PM  

OMG!!! I bought the first book two days ago and am already on book three!! I absolutely love tue series, an really happy to not have to wait a year for a new installment. I read a lot of vampire, demon, supernatural books, and I have to say, your's is by far the best series I have ever read!! I also got my sister to download it too! Its a great series and I can't wait to see what happens next. Unlike most books, you can't foresee what happens. It's great. :)

Tammie July 3, 2011 at 9:17 PM  

Ok Miss Sarra!!!!!!im dieing over here is it gonna be available today i have been checking every hour on my NOOK such a big fan of your stories thank you i saw your update and hope i didnt read it wrong HAPPY 4th

Sarra Cannon

Young Adult Indie Author

I always secretly wanted to be a cheerleader. And a witch. Now, I write about both. The first five novels in my Peachville High Demons Young Adult Paranormal series are available now in ebook!
Follow sarramaria on Twitter

Sarra's Works in Progress

Followers

Sarra's bookshelf: sarra-s-favorites

Beautiful DemonsThe Time Traveler's WifeLoveroot: PoemsFear of FlyingWe the LivingAnthem

More of Sarra's books »
Sarra Cannon's sarra-s-favorites book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists