The Sweetie Chronicles

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth

My BIG Personal News!

This is going to be another personal post, along with a brief update on RIVAL DEMONS. First of all, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who left comments and sent me messages when I opened up in this post about my personal journey with PCOS and infertility. As I said before, I have wanted to have a baby for a very long time and even though my husband and I had been trying for quite a while, we had not been successful. I told you that we were preparing for our first round of IVF (in vitro fertilization) in October. I know many of you have been checking up on me to see how everything was going, and I appreciate the support with all of my heart.


Today, I have some very happy news to share with you! My husband and I are expecting our first baby on June 16th, 2012!!!!!!!! No, there are not enough exclamation marks in the world to express how excited and happy I am about this baby. And part of the true miracle of it all is that we found out I was pregnant just two days before we were supposed to begin IVF. How amazing is that?? Our baby was conceived naturally, and I am so grateful to have been able to bypass all of the medicine and shots and emotions involved with such an intense procedure. Believe me, I completely know how incredibly lucky we are.

On Saturday, we were blessed to be able to see our little one on an ultrasound for the first time. The baby's heartbeat fluttering on the screen was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in my life! I am almost 8 weeks along, so it is still early, but I was never one for keeping secrets, haha. And since so many of you continue to send me encouraging messages, I wanted to share this amazing news with you all.

Now, for the RIVAL DEMONS update! Since it's NaNo WriMo, I am back on track working on Book 5. I know the technical rules are that you are supposed to write a brand new novel during NaNo, but I'm breaking the rules a bit to work on my revisions for this book that I know so many of you are patiently waiting to read. I won't lie to you - I'm struggling a lot with morning sickness and fatigue during this first trimester. It's been extremely difficult to focus when I'm not feeling well, but I'm doing the best I can! My hope at this point is to finish the revisions by the middle of November, then pass the book off to my critique group as soon as possible. What this means for you is another slight delay in the release. However, I can promise you this - RIVAL DEMONS will be out in December. I am going to make it happen no matter what! I'm pushing myself for a very early December release, but things are slightly unpredictable right now, so I don't have a date set yet.

IF (and that's a really BIG IF), everything goes well with the revisions, I am hoping to actually pass the book off to my critique group by the middle of the month and then start working on Book 6's rough draft right away. After such a long break between books 4 and 5, I think it would be awesome if I could get Books 5 and 6 out one right after the other in December and January. I'll keep you updated!! Meanwhile, I'm going to be making a brand new word count meter for the sidebar here on the right so you can follow my progress with the revisions. Hopefully, the count will fly!!

So that's my BIG news!! Thank you so much again to everyone for all the support and advice and encouragement throughout this process. It truly means the world to me.

11 comments:

JL Bryan November 2, 2011 at 4:27 PM  

Oh, awesome!!! Congratulations! I'm glad I just saw this on my blogroll :) That's great you didn't even have to go through the IVF procedures!

I think your happiness will help you get a lot more writing done, too!

Sonja Foust November 2, 2011 at 4:28 PM  

YAY!!! Big congrats! I'm so very happy for you!

Kim November 2, 2011 at 4:46 PM  

I am so happy for you, Sarra! That's wonderful! And, as a proud fan girl, I can't wait for Book 5!

Joseph November 2, 2011 at 5:55 PM  

That is fantastic news, congratulations! Any idea what color the baby's hair will be? Aquamarine, perhaps? Also, I highly recommend June 12 as a birthday, if you get impatient and want to shave a few days off at the end :-)

Mari Stroud November 2, 2011 at 8:28 PM  

GIANT congratulations to you and your husband!

Marcia Colette November 2, 2011 at 8:54 PM  

OMG OMG OMG! Woohooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope. Still not enough exclamation points. :-) CONGRATS, hon! You are getting the hug of a lifetime when I see you at the meeting in November.

Ivy November 2, 2011 at 9:04 PM  

CONGRATULATIONS!! :)
Don't forget to exercise!

Megg Jensen November 3, 2011 at 1:49 PM  

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sending big, huge hugs your way!!!!!!

Sarra Cannon November 3, 2011 at 10:01 PM  

Thank you everyone!!! I appreciate all the support and love <3.

Claudia Lefeve November 9, 2011 at 9:01 PM  

Congrats!! So happy for you :)

Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series December 2, 2011 at 10:22 AM  

Congrats! SO happy for you! One word of advice from a fellow PCOS writer. Eat no refined sugar. You will feel SO much better. Besides, they will probably have you testing your sugar constantly.

I'm very happy for you!! WOOHOO!! You go, girl!

Sarra Cannon

Young Adult Indie Author

I always secretly wanted to be a cheerleader. And a witch. Now, I write about both. The first five novels in my Peachville High Demons Young Adult Paranormal series are available now in ebook!
Follow sarramaria on Twitter

Sarra's Works in Progress

Followers

Sarra's bookshelf: sarra-s-favorites

Beautiful DemonsThe Time Traveler's WifeLoveroot: PoemsFear of FlyingWe the LivingAnthem

More of Sarra's books »
Sarra Cannon's sarra-s-favorites book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists