The Sweetie Chronicles

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth

My New Website Is UP!!!!

Yippeee!!! My amazing husband and I have been working on my website for several weekends, trying to get it up and running before next week's RWA National Conference. Last night, we launched the site! Now, before you click over to check it out, just keep in mind that G and I designed and put together this website all by ourselves! I designed the images in Photoshop and made a little drawing of where I wanted everything to go, then G did the html and put everything in place. I am so excited I could pee my pants! I hope you like it. Please let me know what you think if you have a chance to check it out. Does it look homemade? Anything misspelled (god forbid) or wonky? Any hard-to-read areas? Comments and feedback appreciated either in the comments of the blog or through personal email. Heck, give me a call if you want, I probably haven't talked to you in a while because I've been glued to my computer screen working on this novel for months! :)

So, after much rambling, I give you:

Sarra Cannon's Amazing New Author Website!!

3 comments:

Chaotic Girl July 19, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

It's really cute. Have you ever thought about self-publishing? With e-readers and technology these days, it's not the dirty word it used to be.

Sarra Cannon July 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM  

You're right. I think there are a lot of amazing new opportunities out there for new authors. It's hard to shake this dream of having one of the big houses publish my book, though, lol. I want to try the traditional routes first and see if I can get my foot in the door.

I do have a romance that I wrote last year, however, that I have considered self-publishing. I targeted it specifically for Silhouette's Desire line and when the editor turned it down, I didn't really have a lot of places left to shop it. Might give the Kindle store a shot.

Have you self-published Chaotic girl?

Chaotic Girl July 19, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

I have not self published yet since I don't have anything near done enough to but I really am considering it.

I read this amazing story about an author named David Moody. His book is called Hater. He first published on his website for free. It became really popular and then was picked up by a publishing house. Now there is a movie in the works.

I think the Kindle store is a great idea. There are tons of readers on there that love independently published authors and seek them out.

Sarra Cannon

Young Adult Indie Author

I always secretly wanted to be a cheerleader. And a witch. Now, I write about both. The first five novels in my Peachville High Demons Young Adult Paranormal series are available now in ebook!
Follow sarramaria on Twitter

Sarra's Works in Progress

Followers

Sarra's bookshelf: sarra-s-favorites

Beautiful DemonsThe Time Traveler's WifeLoveroot: PoemsFear of FlyingWe the LivingAnthem

More of Sarra's books »
Sarra Cannon's sarra-s-favorites book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists